The services provide high quality physiotherapy and podiatry to NHS patients in a local setting – often within a community GP practice – so it is convenient.
The referral management centre allows Premier to place the patient’s appointment by calling direct and providing a time that is convenient, quickly arranged and engages everyone at the early stages of treatment.
The aim of the service is to provide a high quality physiotherapy assessment, advice and guidance, which is convenient and accessible for patients. Premier is a specialist physiotherapy company and have proven through private and NHS contracts that we are able to deliver a high quality community physiotherapy and podiatry service.
The key principles informing our clinical governance are:
- Focus on improving the quality of patient care
- Public and patient involvement
- Application to all health care, wherever it is being delivered
- True partnerships between all professional groups, clinical staff and managers, and patients and clinical staff
- An improvement-based approach to quality in health care, including an enabling culture which celebrates success and learns from mistakes
- Clinical decisions made on the basis of the best available evidence including standards set by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), and the Department of Health’s Map of Medicine pathways.